AVIC411.com

Z130bt iPod Auto pause

My apologies if this question has been asked before, for I am new to this forum, but I just got a Z130bt installed into my truck and after playing around with it noticed that while my iPod is connected (to the Pioneer iPod cable), if I switch sources or turn off the truck and return to it…it is still playing. Now years ago, I had an AVIC-F90BT, with a similar set up…and it would pause the song if I switched sources, or turned the truck off.

Does, or has anyone else, run into this issue?

It’s not that it’s a HUGE hassle to physically pause the iPod every time, it would just be obviously more convenient if it did it itself.

Thanks for whatever input and suggestions you might have!

• 3 months later...

What did I do to remedy the problem?

I noticed that when the rear monitor output is set to a particular source, THAT source will continue to play when the source is changed.

Why is this the case?

Because we all have the luxury of having a dual-zone headunit. The rear monitor output can "Mirror AV", thus, whatever video is playing up front (DVD or iPod/iPhone ONLY) will play in the back. Or you can set the rear source to "DVD", "AV1", or "AV2", and the source will continue to play in the back, no matter what the source is up front.

Keep in mind, only video from the DVD or iPod/iPhone can be shown in the back seat.

hope this helps.