AVIC411.com

Questions for '12 Accord and Z130BT

Hey guys,

I just bought a 2012 Accord SE and want to install the 130. Is there any way I can integrate my steering wheel controls? I have a USB connector in the center console that I want to salvage but also be able to use the CD-IU51V to connect my iPhone 4S and iPad 2.

Also, does anyone know if this particular dash kit is any good? http://www.autotoys.com/x/product.php?productid=10587 My local audio store Sound Sensations in GA wants to charge me $125 for this kit, which is ridiculous, so I will do the install myself! Has anyone done this particular install before? If so, do you know where (what color) or have pics/video of the VSS on the accord?

Lastly, I know this is a long shot but just throwing it out there. By replacing the dash kit, I will eliminate the Return, Menu, and selector Knob under the stock radio. These buttons controlled the small screen at the top of the dash. By replacing the radio, it will render this useless, but the Clock will still be there and I wont be able to change it during daylight savings. Any way I can get it rigged to still work, and or get the screen to still work?

Steering wheel controls can almost always be used with the appropriate adaptor. The PAC SWI-PS is the most commonly used, but there are others.

The USB in the center console probably has a proprietary connection behind it but you could always replace it with a regular USB jack or just knock it out and run the Pioneer cable through the hole if you're just using it for an ipod/iphone like here: http://avic411.com/index.php?/gallery/image/126-repurposed-the-factory-ipod-area/

I haven't taken apart a Honda before but I'm sure those buttons could be saved, it just depends on how much work you want to do.