AVIC411.com

Jailbreak Appradio / Appradio Plus

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

been lurking around for weeks trying to discern what the state of this appradio+ thing is. can someone quickly summarize (in English please) these things:

- how to install this? I'm on 2.50 already and I'm assuming I unrar the latest SD_AppRadio_plus_23_250.rar to the root of a microsd, boot, pop in microsd, press reset button and follow on-screen prompts?

- what does this buy me? major thing i want is for the parking brake prompt to go away when hitting apps button on main menu. will I get that functionality with this? i don't necessarily want to show video while driving but shouldn't hitting apps button from the main screen go to a list of currently usable apps, so only music and gps ones if car is moving, rather than throwing up a prompt you can't get past without parking? The CarMediaPlay app, when launched from iPhone goes to blank screen. can this fix that too?

your work is much appreciated. just trying to get a fix on how far the project has progressed.

I'm new to the appradio completely. Just got a refurb from best buy for $179 looked brand new. Cables all sealed etc. I upgraded to version 2.50, I had 2.19 I think. This took two microsd cards, one to upgrade boot stuff, then one for the appradio software. Then I had a third with appradio plus on it. I'm not sure if I installed appradio plus correctly. I put everything in root. The layout in the .rar was different then I put on the microsd. In the rar there was a folder appradio plus 23_250 etc, then under that was folder Appradio and 5 files. On the microsd card I put everything in the Appradio folder onto the root of the microsd along with the 5 files, so on the microsd there ended up being wallpaper,user,ce66,system,appl, folders, and then the 5 files from the top folder and another like 5 file from the appradio folder, so root of microsd had 5 folders and like 10 files. Not sure if I should of left appradio and the 5 files in the root of the microsd. Cuase it works but its very quirky. windows ce seems to pop up alot. seems like everything works though in the little time i've had to play with it. I can't seem to get a stylus to work and operating windows ce by touch is very finicky. Sometimes the windows ce, and pioneer software seem to be fighting over the same screen, like I'll see parts of both on the screen. I've been able to work everything Ive used so far though. One thing I dont understand about using dash command, mine plugs in via gopoint gl1 cable. If I have the appradio plugged in I cant plug in the gl1 adapter to get all the good data on the screen. Do they make a pass through cable so I can plug in both? Anyways I hope this helped some. If anyone knows if I put things wrong on the sd please let me/us know. Could be why mine seems a bit quirky.

Thanks

Mike

Hello! I am also from Russia ))

Unfortunately, I do not understand how to install AppRadioPlus.

Can the work of navigation, or the media player without the iPhone?

If there are people speaking in Russian, then be happy to talk!

Ð’Ñем привет! Я тоже из РоÑÑии ))

К Ñожалению, Ñ Ñ‚Ð°Ðº и не понÑл как уÑтанавливаетÑÑ AppRadioPlus.

Будет ли работать Ð½Ð°Ð²Ð¸Ð³Ð°Ñ†Ð¸Ñ Ð¸Ð»Ð¸ медиа-проигрыватель без iPhone?

ЕÑли здеÑÑŒ еÑÑ‚ÑŒ люди говорÑщие по-руÑÑки, то Ñ ÑƒÐ´Ð¾Ð²Ð¾Ð»ÑŒÑтвием пообщаюÑÑŒ!

Dmitry, app plus is easy to install

first you unzip the file.

file unziped, you have the main folder ( app plus" ) and in this main folder you have 7 or 8 file...something like that.

you copy paste all these 7 or 8 files in micro sd card, in root of sd card !!!

so that when you start appradio with micro sd card, system will understand directly to launch setup of app plus.

install the "setup" ( complete overwrite ) and let the setup install itself.

when finished, you turn off appradio ( just normal turn off, same as getting out of your car )

you wait 5 minutes, and pull out micro sd card, and restart appradio.

app + must be in system, you'll see simply the "ok" valid itself when it start.

you "re use" the sd card, ( erase all you've just used inside the sd...) and you can downolad igo

just create a main folder in sd card : "APL" and in this one, put igo...

just look the first video of this thread ;)

ЕÑли здеÑÑŒ еÑÑ‚ÑŒ люди говорÑщие по-руÑÑки, то Ñ ÑƒÐ´Ð¾Ð²Ð¾Ð»ÑŒÑтвием пообщаюÑÑŒ!

иди вот Ñюда (нужна региÑтрациÑ) http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=255749

здеÑÑŒ по-руÑÑки обÑуждаетÑÑ Ð°Ð¿Ð¿Ñ€Ð°Ð´Ð¸Ð¾+

I'm happy that it help you, but thanks to Sserhy !!! he is the boss 8):idea::mrgreen:

in end of may, a new official firmware update will come....i don't know what will be "upgrade" exactly next time

the new available actual update (v2.5) improved the bluetooth...( i don't know what exactly but time connection between phone and appradio is correct now )

and when you use the "volume" fonction, you can use other fonction meanwhile...

and the pressing "home" button allow "easier" to get out of the app...

a little bit faster...but "old" good bugs are still there...

PS : Dmitry, don't forget when you go in "appradio plus" fonction....first of all, choose radio fonction, so that you don't have windows "volume" displayed in middle of appradio screen...( you'll see )

and one other important point...only "mips" versions of different software like "IGO" can be used in app+.... due to the "mips" cpu of the appradio ( even if it run windows ce...)

PS: Sserhy, did you prepare something new in the "kitchen" or you are waiting the end of the month, untill new release update ?

good luck guys !!!!

This is a considerable improvement over the factory firmware. Thank you for your hard work! I recommend it for anyone who made the mistake of buying the AppRadio.

Changes I'd like to see in AppRadio+:

1. Home button always takes you home, not to the list of apps.

2. Settings button takes you to the settings screen by default, not to the list of WinCE apps.

3. Ability to delete recent calls/phone book/missed call history.

2 yonel

Yes, I read about the MIPS in the russian forum, thank you!

I have only iPod 4, so I asked about navigation without iPhone.

In Russia now four days holiday in honor of the victory. In this free time I want install device in the car and start testing.

SSerhy and DjSKAM did a great job, they are great!

So I've got it all setup... But now I'm getting screens that have an ignore button anytime I switch an app... So there's actually more phone touching going on... Also anytime I try and move a n icon it tells me I cannot move it whilst driving.... I'm not....

I shoulda stayed on 2.22.......

Can't wait too see how mikes new extensions do.....