AVIC411.com

F30bt into Audi RS4

hi, i have factory sat nav Rns-e which i hate, so i was thinking of upgrading to the f30bt, i have a few questions.

i want it to be as factory as poss, is there anything that might not look factory?

can i hide the antenna? or use the audi one?

it says it can be used with the vw canbus parking sensors and heated seats, i have these in my audi will it work?

is it a good unit, should i be looking at something else?

can you get a decent tv tuner

on my screen at the min on startup it says RS4 can this be done also?

thanks

hi, i have factory sat nav Rns-e which i hate, so i was thinking of upgrading to the f30bt, i have a few questions.

i want it to be as factory as poss, is there anything that might not look factory?

can i hide the antenna? or use the audi one?

it says it can be used with the vw canbus parking sensors and heated seats, i have these in my audi will it work?

is it a good unit, should i be looking at something else?

can you get a decent tv tuner

on my screen at the min on startup it says RS4 can this be done also?

thanks

You can usually use the factory antennas, I did on my VW (after removing the proprietary connection).

When you say parking sensors, do you mean a backup camera?

The radio isn't going to effect heated seats...

TV tuners don't work very well in a moving vehicle.

Yes, you can make the startup screen any .jpg you want.

how do you upgrade the maps? ie new roads etc?

SD Card

oh and will it work with the factory bose amp and speakers?

Should, with the correct adaptor.

In my previous car a Audi A4 2.0T Quattro I had the RNS-E with telephone blue tooth function. Today I drive a Mitsubishi Outlander with a Pioneer Avic F30BT which I installed by myself see my thread at

http://mitsubishifor...question-41409/ I think I can compare the RNS-E with The F30Bt because I have used them booth. If I owned a Audi today I would stick with the RNS-E because I think it fits the car better (looks better) than an F30BT would. The RNS-E is a very good unit and easy to navigate. If you are going to install a Pioneer Avic F30BT you should be a rather technical person, you have to by the right harness (adaptors), probably even a steering wheel controller, new mic placment and so on. I don't think you would perform an "upgrade" with the Pioneer F30BT it would be just a step sideways. The Pioneer have worse speak recognition than the RNS-E, the maps looks about the same as the RNS-E, SD-card plays the same extensions (mp3, no flac, no avi) in booth units, but the Pioneer can have larger SD-card than the RNS-E support. The only thing the Pioneer do better is that its playing DVD (but who cares, if it played mkv, DivX it would be better) and has Auto EQ calibration wich is rather cool and useful.

You do what you want, but I sometimes miss my RNS-E and I would keep it if I had an Audi.

I bought my blue tooth for the RNS-E afterwards and install it myself in my Audi, maybe something you could think about. Not so expensive if you would like to have the phone ability.

i just like gadgets, i think ill do as you say and try it for a while, also im running a 2007 disk so could be better with a 2011 disk