AVIC411.com

Mute Wire input

You can also mute the AVIC from a remote, or program one of your steering wheel controls to perform that function.

......time is bending.....

Its really within reach so I dont see the need to purchase a remote. And I dont have any steering wheel controls. Thanks for the response.

• 1 year later...

I've got a factory bluetooth module and want to try to use it with the D3. It seems to have all the correct outputs. What happens to the audio input on the D3 when the Mute wire is grounded? Can I program it to automatically select the line-in on the RCA cable? That way I could use my factory Bluetooth audio output and connect it to the AVIC-D3 audio input and the tel-mute to the AVICs mute wire. Any ideas? Only reason, is the BT implementation in my car (Audi A4 08) is pretty nice with instrument cluster display that's there and I'd like to keep that if possible.

If your BT works with the factory audio system removed, and you already have figured out the wiring for it and all, sounds like you are close to the right track. Problem is, when the mute wire on your AVIC is grounded, it mutes ALL audio coming from itself, unless you are using the Pioneer Bt adapter, whick would defeat your purpose. If you can find a small self-amplified speaker, you could mount that under the dash....Alpine used to make a tiny amp I used to use to keep OnStar working before there was a such thing as an interface....you could look for one of those.

Oh, and way to resurrect a one year old thread, almost to the day....!!!!