AVIC411.com

Slow map refresh on HD3 / Z3

I have had this on and off since I purchased the unit 5 years ago but it used to be very intermitant.

The refresh of the map is very slow and jerky, about 1 second to refresh and now it happens more often than not.

Back 5 years ago I tried a complete new unit and GPS receiver but it was the same - in the end I just put up with it as it didn't happen that often. - Usually only over 80mph and it would go back to normal 10 mins later.

If you change the map screen to the dials, speed acceleration etc, now and again messages will pop up over the acceleration and speed dial saying these are unavailable. The compass dial is not affected.

In the hardware screen, the GPS is always a good signal but in the learning screen it seems to keep losing the distance and starts again.

I have used different HDD's and updated the system software with the latest maps.

I suspect it is losing the speed pulse. As far as I remember this is taken from an adapter that connects to the original radio harness where it also gets the lights on, reverse and steering button signals.

It is fitted in a Mercedes C220 W203

Anyone else seen this issue ?