AVIC411.com

Just moved from Z1 to Z130BT - Initial Impressions

So, I just recently moved from the Z1 (upgraded to Z3) to the Z130BT. Overall, I like the unit a lot, although it does lag a bit when doing POI searches and such which I'm not used to from the Z1.

I had some questions and wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything obvious.

1) Bluetooth Pairing - Is there any way to just delete 1 paired device? The installed tested it with his iPhone, and now it likes his phone as a paired device. Only reference in the manual is after 5 devices you have to choose which one to Delete since you can only have 5 total.

2) Tuner - Preset listing doesn't show stations (limitation of built-in HD?), so only "Preset 1" is shown.

3) NAV - Radio volume is not attenuated when Navi directions are being spoken (the music stops coming out of the front driver side speaker, but the rest are still 100% of normal, making it hard to hear directions.

4) NAV - No split Screen 2D navigation window (Z1 has split so you can have zoomed in and zoomed out maps on at the same time). Only "split" option seems to be rear view camera. A kenwood I saw could split the map and have radio controls. I thought that was cool. Pioneer listening?

Anyway, so far I'm happy with it, but I just wanted to make sure I didn't see anything that would overcome these hurdles. Any ideas?

Thanks.

1. Thanks, but being able to delete it should be an option. It's just odd to have some device registered there that says "Sergio's iPhone" when it will never be used.

2. How can you not use the HD? Is there a way to disable it on the Z130BT?

3. I did find this (figured it would be enabled by default, maybe installer changed it). Same as Z1 I used to have.

4. Unfortunate. I liked the split map mode, and what was nice on the Z1 is it was an option so those that wanted it had it. Not sure why they removed it.

Technically speaking, is the Z130BT a "lower end" model than the Z1/Z3 series? Since the Z1 had the build in HDD, I do notice some more lag (delay) when searching for POI's and such. Also, POI database seems weak (McDonalds across the way doesn't show up), but I don't recall if it was there on the Z1.

I like the graphics/resolution a lot more than the Z1, that was the units biggest fault (clunky), plus a really slow ipod interface.