AVIC411.com

I think we're all getting lucky. Maybe Pioneer just had to publish that in the owner's manual to protect themselves against copyright laws. I've only tried burning my CDs with Nero and they've ripped to the hard drive every time. The only bad thing I've noticed is that if you try to access that album via the voice command, it won't show up. I'm big into hip-hop and the first CD I ripped just to test it out was an original Makaveli (2Pac) CD and Gracenote found all the info for it in the database. Then I burned a copy of the new Mobb Deep CD that I downloaded from a torrent and it ripped it too but it didn't get Gracenote info. It was OK with me at the time since I burned the CD with CD-Text encoded so all the info came up anyway, but if I go into voice command and say "search albums" the only albums that come up are the ones that were ripped from an original CD. If you try to search by genre, the same thing happens. Every track that I burned on the Mobb Deep album had hip-hop as the genre but when it was ripped it displayed as "other." I manually changed it but it still shows up as "other."
Guest guest
First of all, there's no way the software would know if this is a copy or original of the CD. What Pioneer says in the manual is standard disclaimer. If your CD is found in the CDDB, then it will fill out everything for you including voice, that is why it works. When you compile and burn your own CD (compilion, not an exact dup of the original), it somehow would not fill out the voice part for you. This is not because the software knows it is not an orginal, it will only do it if it is found in the CDDB.