AVIC411.com

AVIC-X930BT - Can't Get SD Video out to Exteral Headrest Monitors

Hey guys, I installed my AVIC-X930BT and been using my iPhone as my main sorce of videos but its only a 8 GB so i went and splurged on a 32GB Micro SD for my thousands of music videos i had on my hard drive. I used Handbreak to convert most of them and got them all to play nicely on the deck.

The problem I'm running into is I recently installed 2 headrest monitors into my truck and I can get both DVD & videos on my iPhone to display out to the headrest units by selecting the (MIRROR AV) option on the the deck so it Mirrors whats being displayed on my deck back to the headrests. When I use my Micro SD card with all my videos, it displays on the deck but WILL NOT display back to the headrests. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

Its not a bug its by design. As detailed in the manual head rest video is only supported by DVD and Apple i Devices.

Thats fusterating considering I dont get to look and read the full manual until purchasing the item. Is there a legal reason for this or just lazyness of pioneer engineers?
  • 4 weeks later...

Same problem. This sucks. I've had this unit for a year and just getting around to adding movies to the SD card for this long road trip and can't get them to play on the rear screens. Guess I have to split them between my two iPhones and iPad. Disappointing.

• 3 months later...

I just encountered this same problem. It was even more frustrating because I had spent hours troubleshooting the right video format to get videos to play smoothly from an SD card. Why is the AVH-8400 able to send video from USB/SD back to rear monitors and not the AVICs? If Pioneer's top DVD receivers can do it (while also reading DivX files from USB/SD), you would think their "flagship" navigation units would share the capability....

Is there any way to mod or hack around this limitation?