AVIC411.com

Two questions about X930BT

-Will we ever have the ability to update the GPS maps for 2012 if/when available? Will Pioneer offer them to us as a DL from their website? I can't imagine they'd let the HU get out-of-date each year without map updates??

If they won't be offering it, is it possible to get it via modding?

-Is there any way (via system modding) to actually have a custom wallpaper/background in the HU software, besides the splash screen? Not sure there are no internal wallpaper settings or abilities of any kind..

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I think i read somewhere that Pioneer purposly does not reasleas map updates for the current year untill the end of that year

if you want the current maps then you have to buy a new HU when the new model comes out

like the 2012 maps will be here with the 940 units

but the 2012 map update for the 930s wont be realeased untill closer to the end of the year wich kind of sucks they do it hoping thaty ou will just go throw away 1000 dollars on a new unit not likely

Well when they do release the map upgrades they also release with it the software to bring your year old unit to the currant unit being sold. So they could just not give you an opportunity to have a 1500 dollar unit for around 250 dollars after software upgrade. Of course no one else does that. So being that they do give you that opportunity, they reserve the right to not hurt sales of the new unit by offering the software upgrade at the same time. Its just smart business.

Well when they do release the map upgrades they also release with it the software to bring your year old unit to the currant unit being sold. So they could just not give you an opportunity to have a 1500 dollar unit for around 250 dollars after software upgrade. Of course no one else does that. So being that they do give you that opportunity, they reserve the right to not hurt sales of the new unit by offering the software upgrade at the same time. Its just smart business.

ahh see for me i did not know they realeased updates for the software firmaware on the unit itself to bring it to the new current year

i thought the only updates they did where if there was a problem with compatibility and they needed to fix something they would then do a update for it

didn't know that they actualy put out update to conver like say the 920 to a 930 software or that they will give software updates to bring our 930 to a 940 didn't know this

cool to know