AVIC411.com

Installing rear view camera, but HELP!!! The trunk key hole is now STUCK!

Hey i know this is a little off topic but unfortionatlly I did screw up my key lock of my '02 Lexus is300 while installing my rear view license plate camera! so everything was fine camera works and was installed well! It was defiantly a first time installing anything like that but buddy and I figured it out relatively easily! So when I go to open my trunk the next day with my key it all of a sudden gets stuck and wont turn to the right which would unlock and open my trunk! But of course it will not turn at all i try to pull the key out and it is still jammed and stuck in the key hole! so i jiggle it around a little bit and then notice it can turn to the left which will then Lock the trunk from the inside lever next to the driver seat an lock the trunk all together which I have never experienced before! So now I cant get my trunk open at all and it is stuck in the lock position I cant even use the key to bring the key hole back to the regular position! so we go in thru the back and pop the Emergency hatch from the inside with a CANE thru the middle arm rest part of my seat that folds down. So we take everything apart and try to figure out why the trunk pops with the emergency hatch but nothing else the regular way! and then i show my buddy that the key has locked it so it is not jammed it is locked and the solution would be to use the key to turn it into the regular Vertical position instead of horizontal, the way it is now! But of course when you put the key into it and even try to apply all of my force it will not budge at all or even jiggle a little bit! it is definitively locked, jammed, stuck whatever! So the Question I need to know is how internally or anyway do i possibly fix this key whole and make my trunk lock go back to normal the way it used to be before I ever installed this damn camera? I love the thing but with the trunk issue it all has been a headache and waste of countless hours trying to figure it out! So I need some help People and preferably solutions or Ideas and opinions on how I can fix and I guess even replace if it is cheap enough? What we don't understand is how running that wire the power wire that attaches to the camera next to the key hole could of possibly damaged or jammed anything in the lock? Cuz obviously before the installation everything with my trunk and trunk lock was completely fine! ANY thoughts or solutions or Opinions would be greatly appreciated thanks!

IF the problem actually has to do with your install, you either have something that is getting caught up in the action (which you should be able to see and fix) or something was damaged during the install and needs to be replaced. if by looking at it, you can not figure out what the problem is, then you will need to take it to get fixed. also check for any linkage that may have got knocked loose or bent.