AVIC411.com

F9110bt - am I missing wires? Greyed out menus when stationary!

Hi - before anyone asks I have spent a lot of time reading through this very useful forum today trying to sort my problem. I just haven't found anyone with exactly the same problem as me...

I've just installed a F9110BT into my 2009 VW Passat. The problem I'm having is that the unit works fine but when stationery or moving neither the Phone menu, Settings, or NAV menu are accessible.

I actually think I have a problem with the wiring supplied with my unit. I've got the F9110BT with steering wheel control CAN BUS. I'm getting the greyed out menu items, but from what I've read I shouldn't be. I'm getting this when I'm stationery and the brake's engaged. I was hoping the bypass would solve the problem, but having read through posts all weekend and looking at what feels like hundreds of pictures, I think I am missing some wires from the connector from the unit going into the can bus. All the posts i've read talk about a light green brake wire - I haven't got one. There are 3 green wires, one with black stripe but all the same green. So I don't think there is a signal going to the unit telling it the brake is engaged.

I did find a post somewhere which referenced not having a light green wire, but I couldn't find an answer as to why that could be

Any ideas? See attached picture...

post-62480-0-30088300-1331509771_thumb.jpg

Thanks - so it looks like I have a parking brake wire, but why wouldn't it be sending a signal to the unit when stationary? Faulty can bus? Do you think grounding it should solve the problem so I can access all functions when stationary - or do I still need to move the mute wire? I just want it to work as its supposed to - not fussed about watching video whilst moving at all. Thanks again