AVIC411.com

F9110BT parking brake wire grounding

Hi - can someone give me some idiot-proof instructions on how to ground the parking break wire please. Which wire do I ground it to?

I'm not fussed about watching DVDs whilst on the move, all I want to do is access the Phone and GPS menus when stationery as a minimum. Do I really need to move and ground the mute wire too?

Thanks

Started new post after subsequent reading and investigation. I think I'm missing wires from my F9110BT. Would be really grateful for any help!

http://avic411.com/i...hen-stationary/

Thanks - I am competent enough to do this just wanted to check that I was doing it the right way as there is different advice across the forums.

I actually think I have a problem with the wiring supplied with my unit. Maybe you can help me with that... I've got a F9110BT with CAN BUS trying to fit into a 2009 Passat. I'm getting the greyed out menu items, but from what I've read I shouldn't be. I'm getting this when I'm stationery and the brake's engaged. I was hoping the bypass would solve the problem, but having read through posts all weekend and looking at what feels like hundreds of pictures, I think I am missing some wires from the connector from the unit going into the can bus. All the posts i've read talk about a light green brake wire - I haven't got one. There are 3 green wires, one with black stripe but all the same green. So I don't think there is a signal going to the unit telling it the brake is engaged. Any ideas?

There has to be a Parking Brake wire somewhere on that harness, you just have to find it. And if your using a US unit, your going to have to have a wire in place of the mute wire in order to be able to have a working bypass. And as mentioned above, both wires will need to be grounded.