AVIC411.com

USB cable not working? Diversity Antenna

Hi,

I just got the avic z130bt installed in my 2003 nissan altima. So far I am happy with it but I have a couple of concerns. First I tried to plug in a usb drive with music on it but nothing happened. Then I found the shortcut that has the picture of the usb drive and decided to try a different usb drive. The new usb drive I tried to use has a light on it that turns on when connected. When I plugged it in the usb icon shortcut on the unit was still greyed out and the usb drive itself did not light up. What could be the problem?

Also my radio reception is very poor compared to the stock head unit. I did some research on this forum and have not come up with a definitive way to fix this. If I buy the adapter they sell and have that installed, will that fix the radio reception?

Hmm, do you have an ipod to try with the USB cable? Some flash drives require more power than the AVIC can put out.

As far as diversity antennas, there are dual -> single adaptors, however they're few and far between. I've found that a traditional single powered adaptor works just as well.

The ipod wire came in and my iphone was not recognized. so i decided to remove my hu and check the connection. At first glance the connection looked fine but once i unplugged it and plugged it back in it started to work. As far as the antenna, i think im just going to get a new one and im hoping that will solve the problem.

Now I have a new major problem and its just absolutely terrible, frustrating and embarassing. When I got the z130bt installed, i also installed 4 new speakers as well as an amplifier. Lately, all sound out of nowhere has started to cut out completely from time to time. When the sound cuts out the music goes, the navigation lady goes, bluetooth sound and calls go as well...there is no sound period not even the beep when you are pressing the buttons. at first it happened once in a blue (happened once the first 4 days) and the sound was cut out for a second or two, but now this has been occurring more frequently (every time I drive) and for longer periods of time. Restarting the system does not fix the issue. When the sound returns, it just cuts back in...I have no idea whats the root of the problem. could it be the speakers, head unit, or the amplifer? I almost know next to nothing about this stuff and any help or input would be greatly appreciated.