AVIC411.com

info

Guest spanish Jose

Guest spanish Jose
i have a 2000 bmw 740il, im planing 2 replace my nav with a avic-z1, but whats all this things about not being able 2 use the nav or the movie/video game while driving?, after buying the system, how much money would i spend 2 make this system work properly?, is it complicated?, at the end . . . can i have this system workin flawlessly, playin a movie or changing adresses while driving?, i know u guys already discussed it but i dont know much about this things so i need plain answers .. . . .please help . . .thanx
Yes you can! There are a few ways you can do it. One way is to flash your headlights during the boot-up af the AVIC-Z1. Another way is to buy DucatiBoy's flasher module and it will send a signal to the Z1 telling it that the headlights have been flashed. This way does not actually flash the headlights it just sends a signal.

I recommend DucatiBoy's little invention because it does all the work for you, is very easy to install and only costs around $25..... Also if you are driving a 740il then you probably don't want to be flashing your headlights all the time.

Hope this helps

Cru
[quote name="spanish Jose"] i know u guys already discussed it but i dont know much about this things so i need plain answers .. . . .please help . . .thanx[/quote]

try [url=http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=351]http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=351[/url]
thanx cru, u very helpfull, all i gotta do now is get the money 2 buy me a z1, they ranging from $1500 to $2500, right?, plus i need amps, tweeters, mids, subs, . . damn . . . i need everything . . . then i'll get the ducatiboy's device, by the way, he's a very creative fella . .. . . . once again, thanx cru . . .. . .peace
  • 5 months later...
[quote name="TonyFlow420"]there is a way to bypass the gyro on the z1 with out the head light flasher thing the guy that hooked up mine grounded two wires and everything works great[/quote]

That only works for units made July 06 and newer. Units made June 06 and older need the head light flasher.