AVIC411.com

Hello, I have a Z1 with the Z3 update. Units been amazing for the 6 years i have had it. Recently i noticed the sub output seems to be at less then half power. I switched amps, ground locations, etc. Rechecked all my connections and still no help. I pulled the deck out and while messing with the sub outputs i moved the front RCA outputs out of the way and when they touched against the deck chassis, the sub peformed like it used to. So pretty much when i grounded the two rca for the front speaker outs the sub outputs went back to normal and the sub played perfect. No backfeed, no sub popping when the deck turns on and off. Only thing weird is if i go into my sub controls and shut the sub off, the sub still plays unless i take the front speaker rca off the chassis. Temporarily right now i plugged the front rca outputs into a ground loop isolater with the other side of the isolater plugged into nothing and it also lets the sub output work like it used to. Again though even if you turn the sub off from the controls it still plays just a lil quieter. I know these decks had issues with the RCAs shorting out. Does anyone know the cause or how to fix

• 4 months later...

I have somewhat of a similar issue, actually the complete opposite, I have feedback into all of my speakers(really bad ground whine and a buzz with the lights on)Tried grounding the RCA cables with no Luck. Had this happen once before on my old unit, got then circuit city to swap out unit for me, it went away, which makes me believe it's internal to the unit. Anyone know what it may be and if it can be fixed. I have a z1 in a 2006 trailblazer. Thanks