AVIC411.com

Steering Wheel Control Adapters and Interfaces

Hi all.I've 2007 Chrysler 300C 3.0 CRD Diesel and i also have AVIC - F920BT. I tried to procure CA-R-CG.001 Hard wired remote control for Dodge/Jeep for my car from Pioneer but they couldnt. So search on internet some universal interfaces (PAC,Metra etc...) but i saw for example SWI-PS

• Pioneer AVIC-Fxxx radios do not interpret radio preset seeking commands. This is a limitation of the radio not the SWI-PS. There is no correction for this unless it comes from Pioneer.
  • Pioneer radios with Bluetooth feature, the steering wheel controls will not adjust the phone call volume. The phone call volume must be adjusted on the face of the radio. This is a limitation of the radio not the SWI-PS. There is no correction for this unless it comes from Pioneer.

So is there any way to use my steering wheel control buttons with my F920BT?

Thanks allready

Sincerely

Oh, you can use the controls with the SWI-PS and the AVIC. But as the bullets you pasted state, the way the buttons work won't be 100% like your OEM radio.

I have the SWI-PS and the AVIC-F90BT, and it's really annoying that on my car you can only seek the radio station/move to next song on iPod/USB/CD. There's no way to do both the seek and the presets with the number of buttons I have anyway. Since all the SWI-PS does is convert specific voltages on the input line to specific commands on the AVIC remote input, I tried an experiment where I used a 2-button combo when programming the SWI-PS for preset up and down (Mode+Up and Mode+Down). Sadly, that didn't work, probably for the reason stated (no support for the preset tuning commands).

The reason the volume control on the wheel will not affect the in-call volume is the same reason the volume knob on the face doesn't control the in-call volume: it is a hardware design issue with the radio itself (how the Navi and AV boards inside the radio were designed). It will still control the music volume for the currently selected source just fine.

Thank you very much for fast answer.I dont want too much function.I wanna just change music volume up/down,mute, seek radio frequency, maybe play and pause (not very important) .Can i do that fine with F series.

what is the different SWI-PS,SWI-RC ? And do i need SWI-CAN or SWI-CAN2?

Thanks

Thank you very much for fast answer.I dont want too much function.I wanna just change music volume up/down,mute, seek radio frequency, maybe play and pause (not very important) .Can i do that fine with F series.

Yeah, you can do that just fine with the F9*BT series as far as I know.

what is the different SWI-PS,SWI-RC ? And do i need SWI-CAN or SWI-CAN2?

Thanks

It will depend upon your car's make and model. Some cars send the steering wheel commands over a CAN Bus to the head unit, in which case you'd need one of the SWI-CAN* devices. My car uses a voltage divider network that puts a different voltage on a wire depending upon which button is pushed, and I needed the SWI-PS to convert it to the right protocol for the AVIC.

PAC has an application selector on their website you can use (http://pac-audio.com/). That should help identify if any of their products are compatible or not.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

At last...I solved it.I used Unico Dual Plus ... (UNICO DUAL PLUS is a new SW commands interface able to control aftermarket radios, by managing both Canbus, K-bus and resistive protocols)

http://www.paser.it/product_info.php?products_id=80

I can use volume +/-,seek +/-,mute,track +/-,change mod(am,fm,cd,ipod etc.),forward,backward these are what i need.

Hi.

I know it's been a while now, but I got a F9210BT for my VW Golf V and would like to know if, with that adapter, you can get any info on the central panel MFD? With this F9210 I only get "Pioneer NavGate!" when I hit the Audio tab... bummer.

Thanks.