AVIC411.com

AVIC Z140BH with GMOS-100 questions

Ordered a new AVIC Z140BH the other day and I should receive it this week.

I own a 2012 GMC Acadia and Crutchfield noted I needed the GMOS-100 adapter to maintain onstar, steering wheel controls, bluetooth, back-up camera, etc.

My question is: Will this GMOS-100 adapter allow the steering wheel controls to control the Z140BH? Or do I have to purchase one the the Pioneer steering wheel controllers and somehow wire it to the GMOS-100?

Also, will this GMOS-100 adapter allow the Z140BH to use the car's mic? I really would rather use the mic that comes with the car's bluetooth system.

According to Axxess Interface who makes GMOS-100 it keeps everything. I also checked with the Metra tech, the company who ownes Axxess and he aslo cofirmed that it keeps everything, including your oem bluetooth. Just make sure you update the GMOS-100 to the latest software.

http://www.axxessinterface.com/products.aspx?s=gmos-100

http://www.axxessinterface.com/updates.aspx

ok, so I had a sound store install everything today. They had major issues making everything work. They finally got it to work, then I took it home. I went back out a half hour later and nothing worked. No Z140bh, no onstar, no bluetooth, no chimes...

Taking it back to them tomorrow to give it one last shot...

Are there any know issues with Pioneer units and the GMOS-100?

An update to the GMOS-100. Everything worked as stated. But I did not like the way it interacted with my truck. The following interactions did not work good in my opinion. Bluetooth, backup sensor chimes, door chimes, and the turn signal was horrible. PAC IS MUCH BETTER. Just my opinion

(null)

The PAC supplies the reverse, VSS and the park brake wire. You might want to check out the bypass for the unit, it is worth it especially if you have kids (even if yo don't). Good luck with the install.

Few other things i didn't not like about the GMOS-100:

XM preview message on my DIC

VSS showed my truck to be 200 feet ahead of my truck

the chimes do not sound crisp

This is just some more information for others trying to find information on the GMOS-100. I could not find much when i was doing research. I have an '09 GMC Sierra, therefore if you have an older model it migh work different for you truck/car.

For the newer GMLAN cars PAC supplies those signals. Older Class 2 cars like the Corvette have to find VSS, Reverse, Park Brake, and even Ignition (unless you want to rely on the PAC generated Ignition signal which I do not) themselves.

I would have expected the GMOS to work better on the newer cars. The '09 Sierra is a GMLAN 29-bit (the newest type of GMLAN) and therefore the easiest to work with.