AVIC411.com

Does X940 have Testmode?

Can someone confirm that new X940BT (and Z140BH) has testmode?

How to enter to testmode (based on previous models):

Push and hold HOME button, turn on ignition, keep home button pressed and press previous button, next button, previous, next and so on while keeping home button pressed until the unit restarts, it should enter testmode.

On

(thanks to JasonH) you can see how to navigate in testmode and now it looks like. Jason uses testmode.key file fom here to enter testmode but it is not nessesary.
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you for this test!

Testmode.key works, that good news!

Can you please make software backup or at least make youtube video about internal file structure (in file maintinance mode)? Most interesting thing for me (and I am sure lots of other users) new USER folder (this is software folder and on X930BT it takes 8 minutes to copy) and what the map format is - NDATA folder (if it has one %) ) But be carefull if you going to make copy of NDATA folder- it may take a while (up to 1.5 hours)

Why I ask about map format- new units have Navteq maps, but does new unit uses new Navigation software or it is just new map based on data supplied by Navteq.