AVIC411.com

Those who went from Z130bt to Z140bh - which did you like better? worth the upgrade?

I picked up z130bt 2 months ago because i wasn't sure when the z140bh would be out and i figured i would eventually just upgrade it.

Now it looks like a lot of people are disappointed in the voice command changes, and some people are looking to switch back to the 130.

for those of you that have gone from the 130 to 140, was it worth it? do you regret it?

• 2 weeks later...

I'll let you know once I get my Z140BH up and running in my Corvette.

I have a Z110BT with Z130BT in my GTO so I can compare side by side.

I have the Z140 in my Z06 and love it. But I don't have an older Pioneer model to compare it to, I went from the stock Bose.

Honestly the only reason to upgrade is for the Android support, Navteq maps and maybe the Advanced App Mode. People have reported disappointment however about the half ass implementation of the A.A.M however so I dont know that I would do it for that feature. Other then that the omission of VC would be a deal breaker for me I believe.

• 2 weeks later...

I like both the Z140 and the Z130 interfaces.

The biggest difference I've noticed (as I don't use any of the voice controls) is that the FM presets say CH1-CH6 on the Z140 and on my 130 they show the actually number like 88.7 or 93.9. I think this is a function of the HD radio unit that's built in.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Honestly the only reason to upgrade is for the Android support, Navteq maps and maybe the Advanced App Mode. People have reported disappointment however about the half ass implementation of the A.A.M however so I dont know that I would do it for that feature. Other then that the omission of VC would be a deal breaker for me I believe.

They got rid of voice commands? It's not like the Z130 was all that good at recognizing voice commands anyway, but that seems like a big drop for what is supposed to be a flagship unit.