AVIC411.com

Z110BT Bypass Issue, Connection Error

I bypassed my Z110BT a few years ago now (About 2), and it worked perfectly for a great long time. Recently, I haven't been able to get it to work anymore. I had my car parked for the winter, and the battery was removed. Upon re-installing the battery and other components, and starting the car up, the bypass no longer works. When I start the car / unit up, it displays a message stating that "The System has detected an improper connection to the Parking Brake" or something along that line, and continues to tell me that I should check my connections.

I am wondering why this would be - I have double checked all of my connections and they are all as they have always been. The wires / pins are making proper connection at the bypass point, yet this problem persists.

Any assistance with this is greatly appreciated.

- Tyler

• 2 weeks later...

If your wiring is correct, the only thing left is that the moved (mute) pin is not making contact. Otherwise, it's your wiring. Sorry, no other possibilities. Did you use a continuity tester to check for ground on both the PB and the moved mute pins (remove the harness, insert a probe into the PB, and touch the other probe to a metal chassis part. Should indicate continuity. Then do the same with the mute pin. If that checks out, the only other thing it could be is the something is causing the mute wire to not make contact with the HU. Check that it is fully inserted. Also make sure you don't have bent pins in the HU connector.