AVIC411.com

User Review for 140bh

In anticipation of my install on Thursday, I have been scouring the net looking for reviews from new owners. I know the unit is new, but wondered if any of you found any comprehensive reviews other than the 1 I found on this forum. Thanks in advance.

PS Does anyone with this unit know how to access the backup camera if not in reverse? My current Kenwood 6990 always presents a button to access. Doe this unit have something like that as well?

A search will reveal any reviews or comments on the unit. There are several here. And yes, there is a rear view feature of this unit. Also you might want to download the PDF version of the manual for answers questions like about features and functions.

Thanks VBLUE. I only found one here that was in-depth and was about an install that had pretty good info (even though much of what it said was not that great). I have been scouring the net and haven't come up with much else. I will keep looking, although after Thursday, the die will be cast, so to speak, as I give up the Kenwood 6990 for the 140bh because the latter has voice control for the phone. This feature is a deal breaker for my wife. I have downloaded the pdf and interestingly enough, see little or no reference to the camera, access to it via screens (as with the Kenwood that has multiple ways of getting to it aside from being in reverse gear) or any indication of how it might otherwise be accessed. The manual confirms it has connectivity to a backup camera, but doesn't say much about what modes or screens present the ability to turn it on.

You can also learn quite a bit through the 110/120/130 threads. Many issues, headaches or features you find in those threads will carry over to the 140. Rear view selection is in map view mode. I searched rear view in the PDF manual and found it in about 10 seconds.