AVIC411.com

Trolling thru radio presets

I set up six channels on the radio and cannot find a way to move through them from the steering wheel interface. When I hit seek, it goes to the next channel (either analog or HD) but it will not move me through what I have locked in. Any suggestions, or is this what it is? So far, my review is mixed, but I will do a complete job after a few days.

Common problem with these units. The sterring wheel controls are set up for track skip for iPod and CD/DVD. This affects the radio and the way it handles presets as opposed to seek. In order to get preset scan you will need to have your sterring wheel controls reprogramed for preset scan but you will loose track skip for any source that supports it.

• 3 weeks later...

I encounter this problem when I had my 110BT installed 2 years ago. I don't want to pick the preset scan or the track skip over another on my steering wheel controls. What I did was program one direction for preset scan, and another direction for track skip. I only lose the back function for both controls, but I rarely find myself using the back function to skip back or preset back. So in the end I was able to cycle forward on my radio presets and skip track forward.