AVIC411.com

Does the European software work on the US appradio?

The new 2.5 software just came out, but there is no signs of it here in the US. In fact the US page doesn't even have a firmware update section any longer for the AppRadio. However, there is an English version of the 2.5 software On the European pioneer website.

Can I install the euro firmware on my appradio, and would there be any problems with doing so? If anyone has done this in the past I'd be very interested in the result.

DO NOT DO THIS IF YOU ARE IN THE US! I just did and while (thankfully) the appradio functions fine, Pandora is no longer supported.

The euro version of the software does not have Pandora support because pandora isn't available in europe.

Unless you do not use pandora do not update. You cannot downgrade back. There are a lot of under the hood changes to 2.5. The update process itself takes two microSD cards to do and updates the ECU, MPU, Bluetooth, and MCU. I doubt these settings will be compatible with older versions of the software.

Hopefully, if I'm lucky, the US version of 2.5 will arrive and I can re-update my device and regain my pandora functionality. Considering that was the App I used more than all the others combined, I am not in a happy place at the moment.

Update: Crutchfield is awesome. They are just sending me another AppRadio to swap for the one I have now. I don't know if I'll touch the 2.5 update again. I'm honestly scared of it. Have other people updated and retained their pandora fine?