AVIC411.com

Updating EU AVIC F900BT - What should I go for?

Hi All,

I've just purchased myself an AVIC F900BT which should hopefully be arriving in a few days.

I'm guessing it will probably be an old software version, as the listing didn't say it's been updated.

So, I've been reading on here and I'm quite confused with all the different options available for updating (Chuck88's, AVICNet, Diaftia's etc..)

I'm also not sure what the latest version of firmware is available for the F900BT ? - some posts mention FW4.x but no real mention of what's changed, another I read seemed to suggest you can flash either the F series firmware or the X series, but again didn't note if there were any differences in the firmware.

I've downloaded the FX3.1.rar firmware image and then later read it's only for US devices so I'm now even more confused!!

If this is only referring to maps then it's no problem, as i could just replace them with EU.. but I'm not sure

So my question is; What is the latest stable firmware for the F900BT that will provide a solid experience (ie. working nav, tmc etc..) for a UK spec device.

Also, if anyone can clarify what exactly AVICNet provides over other mods etc.. then I'd be really greatful, as they are all a bit of a blur atm. :)

Many Thanks

Neil

Thanks, I've been doing more reading and see that for a standard setup I can just use the firmware from the pioneer site like you say.

I guess the main question is which of the available mods is the best/most stable?

How do you find Tomtom on the unit? - I saw some videos on youtube and it looked like it ran pretty slowly :-/

Also keen to see the latest views on these as my F900 has been sat in the garage for a year or so, think it has maps 2.x and fw 3.x at the moment.

Looks like maps 3.x and fw 4.x are the latest official updates, just need to get the newer maps so I can get the newer FW.

Am assuming from what has been said that FW4.x works with tomtom 2011 maps?