AVIC411.com

Installing the F500BT in a 2007 Honda Accord EX Sedan

If the cradle is connected, F500BT will switch to "sleep" mode when the main power is disconnected. Without the yellow wire connected, the unit will still wake up instantaneously. F500BT use very little power during sleep mode, I'd left the unit in sleep for more than 3 weeks and it still woke up instantaneously with no reboot.

Please note that the yellow wire is for "North America" only! A bad battery may cause reboot everytime which you may need to watch for.

I'm sorry I'm not sure what you meant by "the black wire is black".

sorry, i meant to say the i thought the black wire was ground!

What should I be looking for when I test the black wire of the cig lighters harness?

you will want to place the black lead of the meter on a grounded piece of metal behind the dash, and then probe the white/red wire with the red test lead and if you see 12v when the key is turned on, then that is you power wire and the black/yellow wire is your ground.
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello guys,

Thank for your tips very helpful!! Do you know if the european models needs the bypass as well? if yes could you please referring me the thread?

apologies for asking that but two days now im trying to find a thread, and i can't find anything for the avic-f500, as all the other f series has different wirings. sorry for the off-topic question.

Thank you in advance.

regards

Apo