AVIC411.com

Z140BH vs Z130BT

So what are the major differences between the two?

I know the 130 allows you to input GPS address with voice control, but are there any other voice control differences? Also, does the bypass allow the voice input to work, or only allow you to type without parking break?

Any other functionality differences?

Here's what I do care about: Pandora via Android, Sirius, Voice controls, USB thumbdrive capability, Nav w/ traffic

Here's what I don't care about: anything having anything to do with an iPhone.

So how does the 140 differ from the 130?

No voice command on 140.

hmm..according to pioneer's website and their owner's manual (page 190), that's inaccurate. It does seems to support voice commands, just not GPS voice input search locations.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/StaticFiles/Manuals/Car/AVIC-Z140BH_OperationManual030212.pdf

Have you used one? I've seen others say the same thing, so I'm wondering why it does seem to indicate there are voice commands, but I've seen quite a few comment there wasn't.

140 supports Android and Iphone... 130 support Iphone only.

Well that settles it. 140 it is. Thanks!!

Anything else I should know?

When people say it has no voice commands they are talking about the Navigation as apparently that's what most people use.

I never use voice commands so I don't see the issue. I have both a 140 and a 130 (well software wise a 130)

hmm..according to pioneer's website and their owner's manual (page 190), that's inaccurate. It does seems to support voice commands, just not GPS voice input search locations.

It will allow you to use voice command for phone only and only if your phone supports that ability. You could do that all the way back to at least 2005 with the units they provided then. It certainly doesn't provide the advanced voice control for iDevice and navi as it has sense 2009. But you have already indicated whats important to you and it seems what the 140 offers is important to you.

And you might want to double check the meaning of "Android Support" Just because it says that doesn't mean you are going to get anywhere near the user friendly and functional experience of the iDevice interface. This is the first unit to offer that support and its usually piss poor and leaves a lot to be desired on first release.