AVIC411.com

Pictures of my 2008 Corvette install

So after a false start I got the Corvette to work the way I wanted to.

I started with a GMOS-100 from Metra, and take it from me for the Corvette it's crap stick with the PAC OS-2C-BOSE.

The second problem I ran into was the "nub" the stock radio mounts into. The Z140BH is actually a bit long and would hit the "nub." Removal with a saw was required. This also freed up some room to mount the PAC CM1 Module the Metra ASWC Module and the PAC OS-2C BOSE near the HU. The Camera "module" was mounted above the driver footwell.

The XM Module was placed in the rear of the car where the stock XM Module was. Sadly the stock bracket could not be modified to work.

All components are held in place by 3M Dual Lock, I recommend it to anyone.

Anyway here are a few pictures:

Picture%2520055.JPG

Picture%2520056.JPG

Picture%2520057.JPG

I used a dremel tool to provide some relief on the upper side of the unit. The door was a tiny bit tight in opening and closing.

031.JPG

The XM antenna is hidden in the cargo area, since the car is fiberglass there is no need to externally mount it.

Did you get your automatic dimmer to work when the lights come on? I told my installer that some guys on the corvette forum got it to work. He claims that the adapter cable does not allow for it.

It does.

You have to cut the Orange wire off the PAC/Metra and IGNORE IT. Tap into the Black w/ Gray Stripe wire either off the F55 Switch or the T/C Switch in the center console area.

The Corvette stock radio gets the illumination signal off the Class 2 Bus, so you need to find a voltage source. The switches provide this source.

I just had my Z140BH installed in my Vette. I really like it. However, I can't figure out how to get the voice command to work in Nav mode? I would greatly appreciate the assistance from anyone who knows...

The 140 doesn't have Nav VR.