AVIC411.com

I recently went to the cloud with my music from iTunes. Now I can't listen to music thru my x930. Anyone have this issue? Does the HU try to index the complete library or something? I've got over 70gb of tunes in the cloud and only about 6gb saved on my phone. Thoughts? It worked fine before, and if I turn off the cloud it works again.

It worked fine before, and if I turn off the cloud it works again.

Well that makes perfect sense. The 930 came out way before Apple introduced the cloud so it is likely the 930 doesn't know how to work with it.

What a POS.

wait a minute, your pissed because pioneer didn't plan for what apple was going to release in the future? yeah, that makes a ton of sense, we all know how apple loves to share information with other companies before (or even after for that matter) they release new products or services.

actually all joking aside, i was so pissed too when i found out that my Yamaha DVD player wouldn't play Blu ray disc! so i feel your pain.

• 3 weeks later...

I think hes pissed because Pioneer wont bother to take any time to release some updates for a relatively new radio, theyll just tell him that his 800 dollar radio needs replaced with another 800 dollar radio. I love my X920, but their lack of effort to update anything after the release date of any of these radios is pretty disgusting.

I love my X920, but their lack of effort to update anything after the release date of any of these radios is pretty disgusting.
does it still have all of the features that it did when you bought it? pretty sure it does. pioneer is not a software company, they build and sell hardware, it is just silly to expect them to bend over backwards to keep developing software for discontinued models, especially since none of there competition does (alpine, kenwood, eclipse...). fixing problems is one thing, but keeping old products up to date with new emerging technology is just a waste of their time and resources. lets look at the most notorious company for doing this, Apple, every year they make a tiny little update or improvement to their phone and then sell them to all of there customers who already own the same product. what was there big thing this year?? siri, and do they support it for any of their older models??? if they really were "on the cutting edge", they would have already been on the LTE bandwagon a long time ago, not maybe, more than two years late (we'll see in a couple of months)
  • 1 month later...

^clearly an apple hater.

The Apple vs. the World argument is not the problem. While I appreciate your comment, I reject your logic completely. At least for the most part.

Do I believe that Pioneer should try to update every device they make so current technology jives with their product? No.

Do I believe that any company should try and support technology (that they market and claim their product support) within the first years of their product hitting the market? Yup. All day, any day.

If Pioneer sells a product claiming that it connects to another product (hell, there is even the Apple logo on the box) then it should be liable and offer support, or a work around for it.

But heaven forbid anyone ever take any liability. I wouldn't expect my HU to even connect to anything manufactured after my HU was made. Problem is that Pioneer doesn't say that, and still market that it does.

^clearly an apple hater.

luckly for me, I have owned enough of their products to like or dislike any of them i would like, however I'm the first to tell people to get an ipod when they complain about the limitations of flash memory

The Apple vs. the World argument is not the problem. While I appreciate your comment, I reject your logic completely. At least for the most part.
I never made a comment about apple being against the world, so i can now see how you may be having trouble keeping up with logic...

Do I believe that Pioneer should try to update every device they make so current technology jives with their product? No.
well at least your not completely irrational.

Do I believe that any company should try and support technology (that they market and claim their product support) within the first years of their product hitting the market? Yup. All day, any day.
and it does work exactly as it was designed, again apple changed the rules after it was made, its one thing for a device to look at, show, and play the media that is stored on it, (which it does) now you expect it to be able to look at media on a device that is not even on that device like it is the exact same thing.

If Pioneer sells a product claiming that it connects to another product (hell, there is even the Apple logo on the box) then it should be liable and offer support, or a work around for it.
interesting, it never says anywhere that it support ever single iphone feature, it just says that it works with the ipod (which again, it does just fine)

But heaven forbid anyone ever take any liability. I wouldn't expect my HU to even connect to anything manufactured after my HU was made. Problem is that Pioneer doesn't say that, and still market that it does.
again I dont see anywhere in you post where anything that worked when pioneer designed it, only a new feature that was added afterwards, but as you clearly said, when switching icloud off and back to the way it was when the unit was designed, it works great. so they really have nothing to be liable for.
  • 1 month later...

The fact is that it would just be nice every once in a while to see them release a small update to make them compatable with stuff that may have changed within a few weeks of the radio being released. Pioneer is a big company. They can do it .Like I said I absolutely LOVE my radio and most pioneer stuff, but that doesnt mean that I have to brown nose them all the time; they should take some time to keep some of their newer products compatable with the newest technology.