AVIC411.com

I recently purchased an appradio 2.

I have the android kit with a Samsung Galaxy S2.

I spoke with Pioneer and they told me that their charging is 500 mah trickle charge.

He told me that should be enough to keep my phone charged. With in an hour of having it plugged in with 78% power on my phone I had bluetooth on which is required, GPS with Waze app running and music playing the phone dropped below 30%

Should I just rig the installation to use a charger connected to the 12v cigarette port or do i have a faulty kit?

Thanks in advanced.

When I first purchased mine I was using an mhl adapter from monoprice and a regular cigarette lighter and my battery would do the same thing, discharge quickly. Then I purchased the pioneer kit and my battery no longer drains, however, it doesn't charge either; so your kit may be faulty. If you want it to charge I recommend trying to find a rapid dc charger. (I have an EVO 3D)

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I didn't buy the Pioneer adaptor - to many dollars! I bought an MHL adaptor from Amazon and a mucky pups 3.1 amp cigarette socket charger (has 2 USB ports 1x 2.1amp and 1 x 1amp, phone connected to 2.1amp port). I did have a Belkin 1amp model before but it was pants - the phone consumed more than the charger could output so it discharged when connected. Seems to be ok now - battery level increases when connected.

Hope this is useful.

I am currently powering my mhl adaptor (15 bucks on ebay) with the pioneer deck usb itself. Its the cleanest set-up I could do, but I am def. slowly losing ground when I am running too much. When I am just playing music I seem to hold my ground, possibly charge a bit... The only way to test this I guess is just let the system run for hours in a couple test conditions and see what happens.

Part of the problem from what I have been reading is the phone as well as the mhl. The phone runs in one of two states. When it sees usb power it charges at .5amp. When it sees AC power it will allow 1 amp. How the phone sees this is the usb cable for ac is shorted out between two of the pins. The mhl is seen by the phone as usb, so no matter what you throw at it the phone will choose to charge at .5amp.

• 3 weeks later...