AVIC411.com

My New Z1 Camera Is Awesome During Day & Night- See Pics

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I guess I don't see it as being large. I have a fiberglass spoiler on my explorer and I mounted it directly on that. Had I not had the spoiler, I would have mounted it directly on top of the SUV. If it was a car, I would have mounted it to my bumper, provided that it would not impede the opening and closing of the trunk. Lots of possibilities here.

I will take some pictures of the actual camera on my Explorer so that everyone can get an idea of what it actually looks like mounted on a vehicle. I'll try to remember to do this tomorrow.

Cheers,

Kevin

PaisanNYC,

I'm sure that this could be installed without drilling holes. If you used a 2-sided 3m sticky pad and channeled the cable properly, it could be done.

I did however, drill through the top of my Explorer and fed the cable down and under the headliner and then channeled it along the top of the passenger side of my interiors pillar trim. It was a clean install and I am pleased with the results.

By the way, there is a sliding rubber grommet on the cable which is used to plug any hole that you've drilled. I'll take pictures tomorrow.

Cheers,

Kevin

Who you talkin about PaisanNYC?

That Post Whore named Josh who calls himself cntrylvr79? I think that sounds like a good plan. He sounds pretty damn knowledgeable. At least he posts like does. he he he!

You know, it seems like a lot of members on this forum live on the East side of the US. Maybe we should have an AVIC convention this summer in NYC? That would give me a reason to go back to NYC. I have family there and Lord knows that they don't entice me to go back.

Cheers,

Kevin

Westchester sounds good to me. I do have family in Manhatten and Brooklyn but I agree, we all want to keep our AVICs.

Anyway, here are the pictures of the camera installed on my 98 Exploder Sport. Excuse the dirt. We've had a lot of snow and salt on the roads. But I did give her a bath after I took the pics.

Cheers,

Kevin

post-3506-1287275170246_thumb.jpg

post-3506-12872751703047_thumb.jpg

post-3506-12872751703463_thumb.jpg

post-3506-12872751703927_thumb.jpg

post-3506-12872751704381_thumb.jpg

post-3506-12872751704779_thumb.jpg

post-3506-12872751705251_thumb.jpg

post-3506-12872751705724_thumb.jpg

Good observation,

I bought a tube of clear silicone to do just that but I don't own a garage and it states on the tube that it must setup in a temperature of 40 degrees or higher. So I'm taking it to my bros garage this weekend. I am going to use touchup paint first and then use silicone.

Again, good eye.

Cheers,

Kevin

You are probably right, it is just that in summer I will take that roof off and put on a rag top or no roof at all. You can see my point. :lol:

I have seen a small round camera drilled into the bumper of a Jeep, just got to find one that is short and good.