AVIC411.com

So, everybody talks about Z1 remotes. What about N1,N2,N3 remotes? I have a modded N2, and i got the CD-R5 remote ([url=http://cgi.ebay.com/PIONEER-CD-R5-REMOTE-CONTROL-FOR-AVH-P5700DVD-AVIC-N2_W0QQitemZ9727819539QQcategoryZ79834QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem]http://cgi.ebay.com/PIONEER-CD-R5-REMOT ... dZViewItem[/url])

Does anyone else with an N head unit have a remote? How does that remote work for you? What about those with a D1 or D2?

I really like my CD-R5 remote. It changes chapters on dvd's, changes tracks on CD's and mp3 discs, allows me to change volume and do ATT, and will let me contol a TV unit or disc changer. I really like it for the $20 it cost, however i would like a remote than can do nav or modify audio settings (bass, treble, subwoofer output)...

So, what does your remote do? What it its' model number? How much?
  • 2 weeks later...
I got the CD-VC1 for my N3. Either I'm a retard or this remote only works when it wants to. For example, I'll press the volume controls or POS button (or any other button for that matter), and it won't do shiet. Is there like a "power" button for this remote? It doesn't seem to work when I want it to.
I have the exact same problem. I figured since I put my remote on the left side of my steering wheel it just doesn't quite reach to the headunit. Because everytime I take the remote off the mount and hold it in my right hand it works flawlessly.

Steve
Its infrared. Thats why the instructions say to mount it to the right side of your steering wheel

[quote name="Anonymous"]I have the exact same problem. I figured since I put my remote on the left side of my steering wheel it just doesn't quite reach to the headunit. Because everytime I take the remote off the mount and hold it in my right hand it works flawlessly.

Steve[/quote]
I have had the same problem too with the VC1. Mine is mounted on the right side though. Even if I take it off and put it right in front of the HU it still won't work.

I finally figured it out though. There are 2 modes for the remote. One for Audio and one for Nav. You push the top button to switch. Unfortunately there is no way of knowing which mode it is in w/o out playing with it.

Take a look at the user manual for the remote to see what it does in each mode.

-Scott
  • 1 month later...
[quote name="justiz"]So, everybody talks about Z1 remotes. What about N1,N2,N3 remotes? I have a modded N2, and i got the CD-R5 remote ([url=http://cgi.ebay.com/PIONEER-CD-R5-REMOTE-CONTROL-FOR-AVH-P5700DVD-AVIC-N2_W0QQitemZ9727819539QQcategoryZ79834QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem]http://cgi.ebay.com/PIONEER-CD-R5-REMOT ... dZViewItem[/url])

Does anyone else with an N head unit have a remote? How does that remote work for you? What about those with a D1 or D2?

I really like my CD-R5 remote. It changes chapters on dvd's, changes tracks on CD's and mp3 discs, allows me to change volume and do ATT, and will let me contol a TV unit or disc changer. I really like it for the $20 it cost, however i would like a remote than can do nav or modify audio settings (bass, treble, subwoofer output)...

So, what does your remote do? What it its' model number? How much?[/quote]

Hey im using a pioneer remote and it work fine so any pioneer remote will work with you unit