AVIC411.com

What are your suggestions for app improvements?

One more for the list, from my daughter: the radio screen.

First, the presets - I have more than one "list" of FM presets - make them scroll up & down.

Next, the DCS button (or whatever it's labeled) to scan for local stations and change the presets. It's right above the volume buttons and a bit too easy to hit by accident. Tuck it away under an options screen somewhere; no one needs that on the main radio screen.

Next is the information display above the radio frequency display. The song & artist words are too small to easily read, yet I can see the frequency numbers quite well. It’s a bit out of balance.

• 4 weeks later...

One thing I just stumbled across which needs fixing ASAP; I was using the map program to get directions. Suddenly a song came on that I didn't want to listen to so I jumped over the the CarMediaPlayer, hit the Next button and returned to the map. It looked like I had just started the program instead of it remembering that I had already set it up to give me directions. As I was sitting in rush hour traffic, it was a huge pain to get back to what I needed it to do.

So, it would be very good to allow me to switch between apps without shutting them down (which is what I'm guessing happened to the app). That way, I can control my music without having to rekey in the street address to where I was driving.

... and Yes, I do have steering wheel buttons but the Volvo uses the CAN system and I haven't dropped the 200 bucks for the adapter...