AVIC411.com

Is there any way to turn off the display while driving?

It seems that I can only turn off the monitor while stopped. This seems to me to be really stupid. I was driving back from a customer's facility late last week and after the sun set, the monitor was too bright. Pressing and holding "home" wouldn't work. What am I missing?

What radio do you have? Is your Illumination wire hooked up? It should dim itself when your lights are on. Try holding mode and adjusting the brightness to the level you want it. I know on my X920BT I can turn off the monitor by holding home and going into the settings there is a button in there to turn it off too.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My X9310 (same as X930) has a 'scren off' option if you hit home->settings. It's in the bottom right corner. You can also hold the 'home' button for a couple seconds. BUT... in their infinite wisdom... Pioneer set the unit up so those functions are disabled when the car is in motion. WTF. I'm going to have to do the mute wire bypass thing just so I can turn the damn LCD off at night when I'm driving without having to pull over? Ugh.

• 2 weeks later...

Pioneer set the unit up so those functions are disabled when the car is in motion. WTF. I'm going to have to do the mute wire bypass thing just so I can turn the damn LCD off at night when I'm driving without having to pull over? Ugh.

Doing the bypass should be one of the first things you always do with a navigation unit IMO.

You can also hold the "mode" button for a few seconds to access a brightness / display settings screen. You can manually turn down the display brightness from there. Key things to hookup is the bypass mod and your illumination wire. I wired my illumination wire into a wire in my center console (shifter position lights) which get +12v when the headlights are on. Works great.