AVIC411.com

Avic Z140BH. cheat sheet (if your upgrading from a loaded Z1-Z2-Z3)

I searched but could not find a simple list of what works with the Z140bh.

Wireless remotes - NO. still waiting on confirmation if the Pac-Audio WRI-P works with this specific unit.

XM-

P10XMT - personally confirmed WILL work. All XM channels come in, with station logos on screen. MEMORY of fav songs ALSO WORKS 100%. Sooooo.. even though the pioneer manual says you need a GEX-P920 for xm, and specifically states that the P10XMT doesnt work. IT DOES. traffic information DOES work, just not through the XM, the Z140bh has a built in traffic receiver.

Ipod interfaces:

CD-IB100II- Kinda works. I currently have it chained AFTER my P10xmt and I can get audio with an OLLDDD school classic. and by olllld school I mean 1st version with color screen. It DOES NOT give song info, just says "ipod003" for song 3. "ipod056" for song 56. Comes up on the source list as EXT, not Ipod.

(ill post results for a 3gs, (samed hdd/interface as a ipod touch) once it gets enough power in it, and also with an iphone 4, once my wife gets home.

Flash drives: YES. load music onto flash drive, plug into USB cable. Put songs in "Folders" and use the "folders" as playlists.

GPS

antenna is different from Older Z1-z2-z3 units (has a different connector)

Mic is the same plug as all the BT mic for head units.

Wireless remotes - NO. still waiting on confirmation if the Pac-Audio WRI-P works with this specific unit.

It works.

Ipod interfaces:

CD-IB100II- Kinda works. I currently have it chained AFTER my P10xmt and I can get audio with an OLLDDD school classic. and by olllld school I mean 1st version with color screen. It DOES NOT give song info, just says "ipod003" for song 3. "ipod056" for song 56. Comes up on the source list as EXT, not Ipod.

Why are you even wasting your time. Just get the right iPod cable for the unit and take advantage of the interface the unit has to offer.

VBlue,

I don't mean to sound like a wise guy but how do you know the remote works with the Z140BH? I realize it says it will work with all Pioneer headunits with a wired remote port. But I have not found anyone that has actually tried it. I emailed this question to PAC and have not received a reply. If you have personally seen this work that is good enough for me. Just want to know without a doubt before breaking out the CC.

Thanks

NCH

Thanks for the reply. No, I am not a audio person, just got a new head unit for my truck and miss the remote. I wonder why Pioneer would remove this feature. I also received a email from Pac and they also said it would work on the Z140BH. So I have the interface and a remote on their way to me. I am thinking about mounting the eye of the device behing my AC vent in the dash. It will be out of sight but still receive a good signal. Any issues with this idea? Thanks for the help, back on topic, sorry.

• 1 month later...

Vblue-

I was checking the ipod capability becasuse MOST newer head units will NOT give you function from an older ipod. aka. one that actually still has a spinning drive in it and not flash (a touch would be an example of a unit with Flash memory. a 60gb classic (like the one I have, or the original 4gb classic with black and white screen like I have just for my truck) wont always work, regardless of which cable you have.

I have tested the IR sensor with several different pioneer remotes (credit card, steering wheel, the dildo looking one, the creditcard remote with the joystic/button, all seem to work for volume, station,track and source, only 1 has the VR option on it. The Pac-Audio sensor however is horrid compared to the units with built on IR sensor. dont get me wrong it works, but on my Z1 I could have the SW remote on the left side of my wheel and it worked fine, or aim the old school dildo looking remote at the ceiling and it would work. the New sensor is has to be pointed directly at the eye.

on the flip side if I had to do it again, I would get he AVH 8400 and the Add on Nav, the nav uses different mapping systems, so the Z140 has the better of the 2, but what you change in the nav is made up for immensely with the IR sensor being built in on the avh8400, as well as the menu/interface is standard icons, instead of pioneer's grouping.

Wolfz23

Vblue-

I was checking the ipod capability becasuse MOST newer head units will NOT give you function from an older ipod. aka. one that actually still has a spinning drive in it and not flash (a touch would be an example of a unit with Flash memory. a 60gb classic (like the one I have, or the original 4gb classic with black and white screen like I have just for my truck) wont always work, regardless of which cable you have.

Wolfz23

Any video capable iPod all the way back to the first 5th gen should work without problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Considering upgrading from the Z3 the the 140BH. Regarding the wiring/connectors.... I did a very time consuming job with the dash torn out of my car of soldering, heat shrinking and bundling all of the wires. Does anyone know if any of the connectors used for the Z3 are also used for the 140 so I don't have to go through all of that again? Thanks, Sorry for the threadjack OP - just thought this question was topical.

• 3 weeks later...

Vblue-

I have tested the IR sensor with several different pioneer remotes (credit card, steering wheel, the dildo looking one, the creditcard remote with the joystic/button, all seem to work for volume, station,track and source, only 1 has the VR option on it. The Pac-Audio sensor however is horrid compared to the units with built on IR sensor. dont get me wrong it works, but on my Z1 I could have the SW remote on the left side of my wheel and it worked fine, or aim the old school dildo looking remote at the ceiling and it would work. the New sensor is has to be pointed directly at the eye.

on the flip side if I had to do it again, I would get he AVH 8400 and the Add on Nav, the nav uses different mapping systems, so the Z140 has the better of the 2, but what you change in the nav is made up for immensely with the IR sensor being built in on the avh8400, as well as the menu/interface is standard icons, instead of pioneer's grouping.

Wolfz23

I have an iPod Video 30g and it works perfectly every time. You don't need an iPod touch.

• 2 weeks later...