AVIC411.com

I think there's a collision going on so Tasker is cancelling the task. I just have to address that.

I'm also going to go the NFC route to make things simple. Throw the phone into the dock with an NFC tag on it and have NFC Task Launcher launch a Tasker task to start up the AppRadio software and activate Bluetooth.

Hi All,

Picked up the App Radio 2 a couple of weeks ago and am loving it - especially love dashcommand - connected via bluetooth to an ODBII adaptor - looks great in the dash (Alfa Romeo Spider 2008).

I have an HTC sensation running the Revolution 6.6.7 rom. So far, the only Tasker profile I have tried is to switch between the 2 keyboards. I have set up a profile that switches the keyboard (using the Keyboard Swap plugin - root only) when the device connects to the appradio bluetooth profile, works perfectly.

What I really want though is for the screen to unlock as well when the phone connects to the appradio bluetooth. I tried using an app called BlueUnlock - which does unlock the screen - but when I open the Apps section on the appradio - a message is displayed saying something like 'You must unlock the phone if the AppRadio application is already running'. I can't remember the exact words and I am not near my car at the mo. The phone is unlocked already and screen is on, if I press ignore the screen shows the appradio app but when I try to select an app - i get the annoying finger in the corner with red cross.

Any idea's would be really appreciated - basically I want to get in my car, connect my phone to the HDMI cable, start the car and drive. So I need tasker to switch the keyboard, turn on the screen and unlock - and for the appradio app to work without any messing about on the phone...

Thanks in advance and if anyone has any questions about my setup feel free to ask.

Ali

Hi All,

Picked up the App Radio 2 a couple of weeks ago and am loving it - especially love dashcommand - connected via bluetooth to an ODBII adaptor - looks great in the dash (Alfa Romeo Spider 2008).

I have an HTC sensation running the Revolution 6.6.7 rom. So far, the only Tasker profile I have tried is to switch between the 2 keyboards. I have set up a profile that switches the keyboard (using the Keyboard Swap plugin - root only) when the device connects to the appradio bluetooth profile, works perfectly.

What I really want though is for the screen to unlock as well when the phone connects to the appradio bluetooth. I tried using an app called BlueUnlock - which does unlock the screen - but when I open the Apps section on the appradio - a message is displayed saying something like 'You must unlock the phone if the AppRadio application is already running'. I can't remember the exact words and I am not near my car at the mo. The phone is unlocked already and screen is on, if I press ignore the screen shows the appradio app but when I try to select an app - i get the annoying finger in the corner with red cross.

Any idea's would be really appreciated - basically I want to get in my car, connect my phone to the HDMI cable, start the car and drive. So I need tasker to switch the keyboard, turn on the screen and unlock - and for the appradio app to work without any messing about on the phone...

Thanks in advance and if anyone has any questions about my setup feel free to ask.

Ali

I am close to having that with tasker. I am using the tasker command "Keyguard = off", then I run "Stay on = with USB or AC".and it works fine in keeping the phone from going to sleep or making me unlock the phone. I feel that my set up is 90% there, but I am just trying to wiggle that last 10% out of the set up.

I am hoping that I'll be able to use torque soon with my ap2. Fantastic obd2 app and at 5 bucks its way cheaper then dash command.

Profile: Appradio - Bluetooth connected, address (deck connection)

or I use USB connected, . I play with both just to see which is more reliable until I can get some NFC tags...

Task: Docked:

1 Bluetooth = on

2 Stay on - Mode (with AC or usb power)

3 Auto Brightness - set off

4 Display brightness - level 0

5 Wifi= off

6 Keyguard - set off

7 Rotation Locker - Configuration state landscape

8 Secure Settings = Configuration (Input method/CarKeyboard)

9 Flash - text (Appradio on)

Exit task: Undocked

1 Kill App = App Appradio (use Root)

2 Kill App = App Carmediaplayer (use root)

3 Kill App = App aupeo (use root)

4 Kill App = App waze (use root)

5 Music Stop - Off

6 Keyguard - set on

7 Auto Brightness - set on

8 Rotation Locker - Configuration state auto

9 Secure Settings = Configuration (Input Method/Swiftkey 3 beta)

10 Flash - text (Appradio off)

My goal in all this is I want the phone to handle everything with zero user input when I connect with the radio, and I don't want to see any after effects of using the deck when I leave. I am still not quite there. The apps do close but not 100% of the time. I think I might need some delay time between the app commands. Once in a blue moon the Bluetooth doesn't auto connect to start the whole process. But I think its more to how I plug it in then the phone itself. I have been waiting until the deck says connect the phone and then docking it and its been fine.

I agree, much nicer price - big fan of Torque but decided to get dash command when I got the AppRadio - if/when torque starts working with AppRadio I might switch back, DashCommand isn't as responsive as Torque and seems a bit rougher around the edges - does the job though and looks pretty awesome. I did read somewhere that Torque was being modified to work with the AppRadio - although I am hoping there will be full Android control sometime in the near future.

Will try out your tasker profiles later and let you know how I get on. Which version of Android are you using?

A few people have asked the Torque dev about it and he seems game but doesn't know how to go about it. I even emailed Pioneer about how to go about it and never heard a reply back. No idea if I was emailing the right people but some sort of response would have been nice. Right now I think Pioneer is going to the app devs themselves.

Gnex Stock 4.0.4 rooted and unlocked. (I wasn't planning on rooting but there were just too many things that required root to work with tasker, so what the heck)