AVIC411.com

Engine Noise in the Z1

Hi everyone...I need help. I installed the Z1 and there was no problem. I decided to hook up a Kicker Amp and subwoofer and components. Now you get engine noise (a high whirring noise when you start the car and when you hit the gas....it is soooooooo annoying). Any installers out there that can help?!? I know it is not the amp or the rca?!? What else can it be??? Does it have to do with the ground?!?

Please help....I beg you!!!!

Hi everyone...I need help. I installed the Z1 and there was no problem. I decided to hook up a Kicker Amp and subwoofer and components. Now you get engine noise (a high whirring noise when you start the car and when you hit the gas....it is soooooooo annoying). Any installers out there that can help?!? I know it is not the amp or the rca?!? What else can it be??? Does it have to do with the ground?!?

Please help....I beg you!!!!

Try doing a ground loop. Ground the metal shield from the RCA to your deck. To test if this will fix your problem - simply take a wire and wrap it around the metal connector at the end of the RCA cable near your reciever. Take the other end of the wire and hold it onto any piece of metal on the z1 chassis.

This fixed every ground noise for me.

• 2 months later...