AVIC411.com

Lost maps after updating to 3.0

I recently updated to 3.0 and now the message that says "system startup in progress please wait" will not go away and the system reboots every few minutes. I also can't access the phone and the maps anymore. I've tried putting new maps and even putting 2.0 back on but nothing has worked so I just left 3.0 on and enjoy the three minutes of music. Map version says 2.0. pleasse help!

I put it into service mode and updated the wince files then rebooted it and booted into test mode. Then I deleted everything in the flash disk folder and transferred the files from the SD card over. When I click on the maps I get a language error message. This is what it looks like now.

img1937g.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

It appears you made a mistake or your files are curupting between the two. Make sure SD card is freshly formatted and added in correctly. How long does it take to run file install? Last section would be to do the FormatMBR process and go back to 2.0.

It appears you made a mistake or your files are curupting between the two. Make sure SD card is freshly formatted and added in correctly. How long does it take to run file install? Last section would be to do the FormatMBR process and go back to 2.0.

Tried putting 2.0 back on again and its just stuck at the splash screen. This thing is killing me.

follow the directions from hacks mods thread. you can skip the combining maps and data this is already done with most upto date maps... though some states PIO are missing as i didnt need them, if you do ill explain how to get them on there if need be. let me know how it goes?

follow the directions from hacks mods thread. you can skip the combining maps and data this is already done with most upto date maps... though some states PIO are missing as i didnt need them, if you do ill explain how to get them on there if need be. let me know how it goes?

Ill give it a try tomorrow. Im using a mac by the way do you think that makes any difference?

There have been discussions both ways as to if there is any effect to this. I always suggest using windows (I am a Mac person as well but use bootcamp to get windows for several things) to work on the Avic. Most people say there Mac does it just fine. And judging by how you got your unit unfrozen to 2.0 you should be okay.

If 4.01 doesn't work I'd use the FormatMBR and go back to 2.0.

There have been discussions both ways as to if there is any effect to this. I always suggest using windows (I am a Mac person as well but use bootcamp to get windows for several things) to work on the Avic. Most people say there Mac does it just fine. And judging by how you got your unit unfrozen to 2.0 you should be okay.

I tried the update and Im getting this message now. It looks as if everything went fine just that there is something corrupt in just this part of the folder somehow.

s5fsm0.jpg

Ive tried every logical thing for the past 4 hours and no matter what I do ill get the same message. When I put 2.0 on it will stay at the splash screen until you hit the menu button then it will bring you to the main menu without any messages but still no maps. When I put 3.0 on the system startup message doesn't go away and with both of these firmwares it shuts down every few minutes. With the 4.001 firmware I can't even access anything. Ive been doing some research on the formatMBR so I think I am being forced to give that a try tonight and leave 2.0 on it.