AVIC411.com

Anyone using App Mode with Z120BT upgraded with CNSD-210FM?

And displaying video (eg. Netflix) to Z120BT screen? Audio seems okay with CD-IU50V cable.

If you are doing this, are you using CD-IU51V cable with Z120BT (or other older model)? Seems like CD-IU51V differs with CD-IU50V in supporting iPad. But perhaps there's something about CD-IU51V that only it will allow App Mode support.

I have upgraded my Z120BT using CNSD-210FM. And see the App icon on Ipod display. In App Mode, all i get is Audio. Searching a bit in the forum leads me to this CD-IU51V cable. I'm using CD-IU50V.

Local Best Buy has CD-IU51V so i'll give that cable a try and we shell see. If doesn't work, then looks like App Mode that came with CNSD-210FM upgrade is a NOP (perhaps just meant for audio and not video). Bummer and lame...

Thanks much.

No, it certainly does work for video. Which iPhone do you have?

iPhone 4, and iOS 5.1.1 (i've also tried different iPhone 4 with iOS 4.3.5).

I will find out if the issue is with using CD-IU50V and Z120BT. I would like this to work, and hopefully using CD-IU51V cable and Z120BT will do the trick. Perhaps there is enough difference between the two cables where CD-IU51V is required even for Z120BT to use the App Mode for video out. Interestingly, even with the CD-IU50V, when App Mode is on, and i have Netflix playing, as i mentioned earlier, i can hear the audio, but no video. And the video is not shown on iPhone 4 screen. When playing YouTube, again, same. Audio on Z120BT but no video. The iPhone 4 display shows that i have TV connected to Z120BT and that video will be shown on TV display. Well, Z120BT display shows blank, and no video.

Where did you buy your cable?

eBay (so not genuine Pioneer, and i needed a longer length, 5 feet). Perhaps that is the problem (???). I wonder...

So, on this Pioneer page, it states that "The CD-IU51V is backwards compatible with receivers that use the CD-IU50V cable. "

http://www.pioneerel...sories/CD-IU51V

So, i will go over to local Best Buy today, and re-do the testing with CD-IU51V cable.

Well, i'm an idiot. I didn't even bother try playing with the cable just to see if something is loose or not making good contact. Removed and re-inserted the 3.5mm connection, and the video was shown, just momentarily and gone. And then gave that connection some turn to see something is not making good contact. Video is shown, and steady. Looks like the contact on 3.5mm by this eBay cable could be better, i guess. So, problem fixed (or consider as addressed). Saved me a trip to BB.

The eBay cable is likely your issue. It almost always is with the knock off cables. Get rid of that garbage and smooth sailing you will have.

Okay, will do. I'll see if CD-IU50V made by Pioneer is still available. Looks like the Z120BT's cable length USB/3.5mm connection will be sufficient so that i can run the Pioneer's CD-IU50V (i think that cable length is 1.8 meter or so).

• 2 weeks later...

Wait a minute?

Upgrading to to CNSD-210FM on the Z120BT gives you app mode?

Does it allow you to use the navigation on your Iphone instead of the Pioneer Navigation? What else does the CNSD-210FM upgrade allow you to do? I thought it was just a map upgrade and some bluetooth improvements?