AVIC411.com

I have the nortorious problem with the f900bt unit. The constant reboot. Ive read so many threads on this forum to try and fix it myself but nothing is working thus far, so I'm hoping somone could help me out a little more in depth.

Heres what Ive done so far, when i first got the stereo off a friend, it would reboot for 20 sec then shut off. I updated the firmware to V2.00600 then later to V2.00800. Now heres my existing problem, it doesnt shut off anymore, its just a constant reboot from the splashscreen, however I can push menu and it takes me there. BUT... i only have limited use of it, for example, pushing the navi brings me to the disclaimer then im stuck. Contacts says i need to link my phone blah blah blah, got it, i can exit from there, AV... nothing. going into settings... i can go to system settings and everything is accessible, Firmware shows V2.008 loaded... but no map version?! Maybe this is the problem? I have an updated map version, just havent loaded it on yet. (Keep in mind ive only had access to the system settings after i did the bypass, before then, system and navi settings were gray and couldnt select them)

So after all this i thought about the test mode... but every thread i found with links for the test mode were no longer available. After more research i discovered that this stereo has a service mode, so then i tried that, holding down the reset, eject, map and menu button for 5-7 sec, then releasing the reset which brought me to a blue screen that said "please press reset button again" if i release all the bottons at this point the lights flash, then i start clicking random buttons to get the thing to respond and i notice astricks popping up at the bottom, its an access code... So heres my dilemia... Does anyone have a idea on what i can do without spending the 200+ shipping it to pioneer?! I'm not the most electronically inclined, but I have been trying to master the english language for the past 21 years of my life so i know how to read some directions, and i did play the game "Simmon Says" alot when i was a child so that helped me alot to follow directions lol. But if anyone has any thoughts or remarks they'd like to share, it would be gratefully appreciated!