AVIC411.com

Pro's and Con's Switching to Android w/ Z130?

Hi, hope this isn't too redundant, I searched and got some of the info but I'm looking for a concise list of the pro's and con's to switching to a new Android phone vs my current 3GS on a Z130BT

I plan to use the 3GS as a iPod touch and may try hot-spotting the Android to get Pandora. What issues am I looking at if I change? What BT calling features would I lose? Does the Z130 get any album art etc from an Android over blue tooth?

TIA

• 3 weeks later...

I have never been a big Itunes fan, but everything is geared towards ipod functionality so I have always kept an ipod since I installed my 1st avic d3...I have the z130 now and I have a 32 gig 3rd gen ipod connected in the glovebox. I have a rooted razr maxx with the grandfathered unlimited data plan so I keep my hotspot running all the time. The Ipod connects up with it most of the time without problems and I use the pandora quite a bit but it will not show album info over bluetooth. So to answer your question, without a doubt put the iphone in your glovebox permantly and step up to an android device, you wont be sorry.

Thanks to both of you for your help. The only issue I see is with the data cost of hotspots. I have the unlimited but limited anyway AT&T data plan, but if I use the hotspot ability I will lose the unlimited data plan. Changing to Verizon will also be a limited plan and more expensive with the now screwed up family sharing plans. Adding to the issue is that in my area only Verizon is LTE while AT&T is (we lie about it a lot almost 4G but not really) 3G+.

I will probably wait until the iPhone 5 (4GS?) comes out and decide then what I will get. The Samsung Galaxy S3 is on the short list.

Adding to this, I just bought a Google Nexus 7 Tablet, which is Wi-Fi only. I may just have to bite the bullet and get a Verizon 4G hotspot - damn, I need a personal shopper and research assistant just to use mobile internet.