AVIC411.com

Has anybody compared the Appradio 2 to the JVC KW-AV70BT?

I've been using my shiny new Appradio 2 for about 3 days now and it's yet to fully grow on me. If just used as a radio/iPod player/bluetooth phone then all is good. It's the App integration that can be less than smooth, as many people know.

I just found out about the JVC KW-AV70BT today. Where is their marketing department?!? I had no idea this head unit even existed until today. It looks like quite the competitior, plus it also has CD/DVD/SD card slots AND a detachable face - for the same price as the Appradio2!

What little reviews I've read lead one to believe that this unit "just works". Very interesting...

Any thoughts? Is it Ok to discuss the competion on this site? Thanks.

http://www.mobile.jv...thId=133&page=7

doesnt look like its got an HD screen either i like useing my ps3 with the appradio 2 and having it in 720p

You hook up your PlayStation 3 to the AppRadio 2? At any rate, there are two things to note: 1) Many, many console games are not truly HD but are upscaled since the hardware is lacking (compared to PCs anyway); 2) The display on the AppRadio 2 is only 800x480, so it's not HD anyway.

You hook up your PlayStation 3 to the AppRadio 2? At any rate, there are two things to note: 1) Many, many console games are not truly HD but are upscaled since the hardware is lacking (compared to PCs anyway); 2) The display on the AppRadio 2 is only 800x480, so it's not HD anyway.

Correct. The JVC radio has the same resolution as the Appradio 2. They state 1152000 pixels which is the same as saying 800x480x3 (the "3" representing red, green, and blue).

Regardless, I'm liking the appradio 2 better now than I did at first. I updated the firmware which fixed the problem of intermittent back up camera freezing. I've figured out how to make Netflix work, and I have discovered that Aupeo! is a terrific App. I've also ditched NavFree in favor of Motion X. There is no comparison. NavFree gave very unreliable ditections and it didn't track the car very well. Motion X has the best voice guidance I have experienced, and its GPS tracking is very accurate.

Correct. The JVC radio has the same resolution as the Appradio 2. They state 1152000 pixels which is the same as saying 800x480x3 (the "3" representing red, green, and blue).

Regardless, I'm liking the appradio 2 better now than I did at first. I updated the firmware which fixed the problem of intermittent back up camera freezing. I've figured out how to make Netflix work, and I have discovered that Aupeo! is a terrific App. I've also ditched NavFree in favor of Motion X. There is no comparison. NavFree gave very unreliable ditections and it didn't track the car very well. Motion X has the best voice guidance I have experienced, and its GPS tracking is very accurate.

Motion X is not available for Android so it doesn't really affect me, but I'm glad Apple has a nice solution since Google Navigation/Google Maps is going away with iOS6. How did you get Netflix to work?

Motion X is not available for Android so it doesn't really affect me, but I'm glad Apple has a nice solution since Google Navigation/Google Maps is going away with iOS6. How did you get Netflix to work?

For Netflix, and I assume any video app that uses the TV out function of the iPhone, you simply play the video from the phone and make sure to NOT open the AppRadio app. When the AppRadio app is not on, then the head unit just plays whatever video is playing on the phone.

I'm not sure how that would work with Android. If you can normally get video out from your device then the above method is worth a shot.