AVIC411.com

AVH 8450BT - no rear video output from iphone (dual zone)

hi guys,

i just installed avh 8450BT with 2 rear headrest monitor. all connection from dvd,SD, USB stick works fine to the rear monitor.

but one thing, i cannot get to show iphone video/photo/youtube to the rear monitor.. showed black screen on the rear monitor. but works fine on the main headunit monitor.

I read all the manual and google.. and cant find anything that solved this.

please help. is it really not possible to do this? or is there any way around to get this works?

thanx

lando

So app mode doesn't mirror. Or iPod video through the iPod source.

Or both don't do anything.

Does the iPhone music source screen mirror to the back just playing music?

di back display only display video output... no menu / app interface. it will stay black/blue screen untill received a video signal from the front.

di back display only display video output... no menu / app interface. it will stay black/blue screen untill received a video signal from the front.

I could be wrong, but since you have to pick the iPOD input for AV1, you might have to send AV1 to the rear?

In case you've got it disabled, maybe try re-enabling it to then send to the rear.

sorry man, I haven't heard of too many people with a rear unit connected on these new devices yet

I read through my 8400 manual again, and NO where did I find that it said the rear output could mirror anything.

I interpreted mine as only those select-able icons when you swipe to the REAR Panel are available to the Rear.

I do know Ipod1 is one of them. but there are also references that you have to toggle the AV1 input source to iPhone for AppMode to work.

If AppMode works like a display out with touch input, then display out can't do more than one monitor at a time (I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I've heard that around town).

however the Pioneer interface through the video option to simply play a video on your ipod seemingly should work, cause it's just sending the data to the unit, and the unit is processing it (ie. not display out)