AVIC411.com

Front Left Door Speaker Outage

I have a 2008 Tahoe with Z120BT, no bose, no onstar. I seem to lose my front driver door speaker all the time. Front driver tweeter remains on all the time though. The speaker will go out for days then I can be sitting at a traffic light and the speaker will fade in and everything will sound normal.

Has anyone had this type of problem with their Avic? I find it hard to believe that if could be a wiring problem being that it will come back sitting still in traffic and also fade in?

I'm having same problem. I've checked all wiring and even soddered them all the 3rd time I took it all apart. Same issue.

The only thing I can think of is that the wiring harness (which i believe is the Axxess TYTO-01).

It definately seems like some kind of processing issue as it seems to come and go. Also, it's worse depending on what settings i have. If I have loudness to mid or high, it is a lot more noticable.

Do you have any kind of special wire harness that you need to use with an AMP? How about steering wheel control? If you have neither, maybe it is the unit.