AVIC411.com

z140bh annoyances/help

This is my first Avic unit, so I am hopeful that the experiences I'm having are because I'm a noob / there is a setting/s I missed. The issues that are driving me crazy are:

- Presets just show p.ch # despite being plenty of room for station names

- Satellite (Sirius) only displays one line at a time (and makes you choose between Track/Genre/Station Name)

- Station browsing, esp for Sat doesn't display any station info and you have to step through each and then way for station name to load. I really wish you could just see/scroll thought a list like tons of other devices I've seen.

The station names don't show, this is a function of the built in HD unit. The HD unit doesn't allow for that functionality (it is handled in the original software by RDS info which is deleted by the HD info information when using the HD unit).

Sirius isn't very good on the Pioneer, XM is the more integrated solution (same company but not hardware). The reverse is true for Kenwood from what I understand.