AVIC411.com

Sound output issue w/ F90BT

Hello, I have a strange issue going on with my f90bt that i just made a recent discovery about. initially, i thought my passenger side tweeter was out or going out. it typically put out no music but would occasionally begin playing. This led me to believe for months that either the speaker, the wiring, or the connections were having an issue. regardless, i didn't feel like messing with it.

however, just the other day i noticed that even when no music is coming out of this speaker, the navigation voice still works flawlessly. I tested multiple times and each time when the speaker wasn't working for music it would still always work for the nav commands. I have to believe this is an issue with the unit itself because if the wiring or speaker were flawed, it would affect the output of everything. Any ideas or has someone seen this before? Thanks so much!

If it helps at all, the unit is in an 05 Chevy Equinox with a 6 speaker setup.

Does this happen on all audio sources?

thank you so much for asking that!! it appears the iPod is the only source doing that (FM and nav works fine). I can now assume the avic is fine and the problem is just with the cable or the ipod. Thanks again, not sure why i didn't think of that. :)