AVIC411.com

Video Files Not Shown From USB

I have tried to make a folder on my usb for music videos and for some reason I do not see the folder nor any of the mp4 videos that I have created. I have tried to use handbrake to change the bitrate because I have seen that some users are unable to play videos because of bitrate and screen resolution. I have done all of this and still cannot find the folder I have created or any of the videos that were put on the usb drive. Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

I have tried to make a folder on my usb for music videos and for some reason I do not see the folder nor any of the mp4 videos that I have created. I have tried to use handbrake to change the bitrate because I have seen that some users are unable to play videos because of bitrate and screen resolution. I have done all of this and still cannot find the folder I have created or any of the videos that were put on the usb drive. Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

You didn't make a 2nd Partition on your SD card did you?

The units can only read the first partition.

Another option might be that you need to re-scan your SD card on the Head Unit.

My HU has a DB button, that will index and store that catalog onto the SD card in the /data folder.

if you have this folder, then you probably should try to see if you can either:

a ) delete the data folder on your computer so it will rebuild the next time you load the SD in the Head Unit

b ) Try to find the DB update command through the head unit to re-index your SD card, and see if that helps.

Also, I believe only certain file extensions are recognized..

for example a Transfer Stream (.ts) file from a TV Capture won't even show up. but if I rename to .mpeg / .mpg it shows up and plays fine

Hope that helps