AVIC411.com

AVH-P8400DH Frozen Screen FIRMWARE!

There's a guy who posted on NASIOC, an installer in Canada says the Pioneer rep has just given him the new firmware to stop the freezing screen!

He has said he will send it to me, so I am waiting anxiously for it.

Somewhere else there was a glimmer of hope for us droid people, a software update that may allow us to use our phones with the apps. Now that would be awesome!

• 2 weeks later...

I am led to believe the Canadian is full of merde. I emailed him, and never ever got a response on when he would send it out.

I did take it to the local repair center yesterday, it froze on the way and the tech got to see it. He thinks it is possibly a bug in the firmware that reacts when the panel gets hot. If I remove the touch screen and leave it in the footwell, it does not do it. So it appears to go south when it is on the radio and in direct sunlight.

Here in Texas it is hot during the day, but the tech said even with the heat it should work, and has seen similar instances in the past with units. As soon as I find anything useful out, I shall let you know.

Where in France are you, I was in Chalon Sur Saone for a month or so on business a few years back.

I am led to believe the Canadian is full of merde. I emailed him, and never ever got a response on when he would send it out.

I did take it to the local repair center yesterday, it froze on the way and the tech got to see it. He thinks it is possibly a bug in the firmware that reacts when the panel gets hot. If I remove the touch screen and leave it in the footwell, it does not do it. So it appears to go south when it is on the radio and in direct sunlight.

Here in Texas it is hot during the day, but the tech said even with the heat it should work, and has seen similar instances in the past with units. As soon as I find anything useful out, I shall let you know.

Where in France are you, I was in Chalon Sur Saone for a month or so on business a few years back.

The screen freezing due to the unit sitting out in the sun makes sense. I suspect its both heat and firmware. I only experience this issue once and that once the unit was in the hot sun for a while because I forgot to put the sunshield in the windshield. The face itself was off and cool, I am talking about the dash unit itself.