AVIC411.com

X930 bypass help

I apologize. I know this probably isn't the right place to post this, but I don't have enough posts yet to post in the classifieds/services section.

I attempted to bypass on my X930 but I think I damaged the mute wire while trying to move it. Everything works fine while in park or at low speeds, as speed increases can't play video or input map info. I tried inserting another small wire in to try to make contact but that did not solve the problem.

So, I am looking at getting a new harness and trying again. But rather than spending that money and risking ruining it again - is there anyone out there that has successfully performed the bypass that would like to help me out? If anyone wants to help, I would ship you a new harness, you do the mod, and I would pay to ship it back to me. I would even kick in a little for the trouble if necessary. Thanks.

My installer tried the bypass on 940-bt which is suppose to be same as 930-bt and it is not working. He opened it again and checked the mute wire was correctly moved up one pin and is seated correctly but still video cuts off at 40-45. not sure what the issue is but it has worked for others. I just bought this unit a week back.

Scott - yes, im pretty sure I moved the wire to the correct spot after viewing the videos and reading the posts about the bypass on this site. I think I damaged the plug when trying to remove the mute wire, and I'm pretty sure I damaged the wire when I put it back in the plug. I don't think it seated all the way in and made contact. When I tried to push it in further I think I just made it worse.

• 5 months later...