AVIC411.com

AppRadio2 Nightmare...please help :(

All:

Hopefully someone can help or lend some direction.

I purchased an AppRadio2 from a local dealer about 2/3 months ago. I have a 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited as a vehicle. I had the dealer install the radio, "controls" to use the factory steering wheel controls, etc. I have an Apple iPhone 4S with iOS 5.1.1 AppRadio 1.7.1

I've had problems from day 1. Without going into all the details I will tell you my latest issue which seems unresolveable by the dealer.

Randomly the screen goes black. 1/2 the time the music still plays, 1/2 the time the music stops. Only way to "fix this" is to reset unit by using button in the middle with the 4 boxes and go throw the entire charade of screens. This can be when the iPhone 4 is both connected and unconnected. I use the iPod, Pandora and Radio functions only.

Anyone have any idea's?

I've called Pioneer, I've done Google searches, etc. and i have not come up with anything solid.

Thanks in advance.

Understood. Worst part is the place I bought it from thinks I'm crazy. Surprisingly not finding much about the problem on the net at all. My plan is to escalate this up the Pioneer chain on my end. Trying to get a refund from the place I bought it to get another (different unit) installed.

Yeah. I was planning to complain to Pioneer as well. Their own videos misrepresent how the radio works in normal situations while driving. For example, one of their videos show Navigation on screen, but what use is it if you can't view the map while driving? I can understand not being able to type, but not seeing the map is unforgivable.

It's a nice radio otherwise.